Want to learn a bit more about our extended day learning program? Here is Ms. Larson with some highlights to share.
Morning Program for Grades K-6 students:
- 7 AM-7:45 AM will be STEM activities.
- 7:45 AM-8:15 AM Enrichment and homework help
Afternoon Program for Grades K-6 students:
- 3:15 PM -3:30 PM Snack time
- 3:30 PM-3:45PM Recess time
- 3:45 PM-4:30 PM STEM activities
- 4:30 PM-5 PM- Enrichment and homework help
Midkota Extended Day Program will focus on the following standards:
- Students engage in the reading process.
- Students engage in the writing process.
- Students engage in the speaking and listening process.
- Students understand and use basic and advanced concepts of number and number systems.
- Students use algebraic concepts, functions, patterns, and relationships to solve problems.
- Students will review and ask questions about the scientific investigations of others
- Students will conduct simple investigations to answer questions based on observations.
- Students use scientific tools (i.e., thermometers, rulers, balances) during simple investigations.
- Students understand how works of art are structured and how visual art has a variety of functions.
- Students know the different techniques used to create visual art.
- Students use a variety of movements, vocal pitch, tempo, and tone.
- Students understand the relationship between character and movement, vocal, pitch, tempo, and tone.
- Students create and sustain a character.